“Some helpful information”
We get a lot of enquiries, so we have compiled a list of our most common queries here that we hope will assist you.
If you are sending an initial enquiry about a tattoo please be sure to include the following information;
- Your Full Name and contact number
- A detailed description of your tattoo idea and details.
- Placement of the tattoo, including a photo.
- Whether you’d like it in black & grey or colour, or a particular style.
- Approximate size (e.g. 8 inches high x 5 inches wide)
- If it is a cover-up or reworking an existing tattoo. Please include clear photos.
- Any reference images, artworks or other tattoos you like to help us understand what you’re looking for. The artists will design tattoos based on references but will not copy original work without approval from the original artist.
- Preferred artist, or we will give you some options based on your answers provided.
If you’re chasing a design, we do not do draw ups or designs before the appointment, unless otherwise agreed with the artist at the time of your consultation, then please message them directly, your artist would have provided contact details. All designs will be ready upon your arrival and any changes needed can be made on the day, if this is the case this isn’t an issue and usually won’t take too long.
Please note, the more reference we are provided with prior to your appointment, the easier our artists can put together a custom design for you.
PAIN AND NUMBING CREAMS
If pain is a concern please don’t get yourself all worked up, the worst part about getting a tattoo is over thinking and worrying about the tattoo.
Please DO NOT apply or use any numbing agents purchased from chemist.
We take a secure payment to book all appointments at our studio, this is a non- refundable payment*
We accept Credit or Debit cards, Apple Pay, BACS and Cash.
Finance option; Tokyotattoo Studios Ltd is an Introducer Appointed Representative of Social Money LTD t/a Payl8r
• Credit is subject to a creditworthiness and affordability assessment
We do not accept Paypal.
This is final & non-refundable payment.
*Even in the unlikely event we need to move or change your appointment to a different day or artist.
Please do not feel the need to bring anyone with you, we will look after you and make you feel at ease, we do not allow any additional persons to be in the tattoo area for insurance and safety reasons. We do not have space for friends or family to stay during the duration of your tattoo.
We are an over 18 venue, children are not permitted in the studio, unfortunately even for consultations. This also includes pushchairs with sleeping babies.
Please make sure before you arrive you have had a goodnight’s sleep, eaten a good meal, drank plenty of water and wearing appropriate and comfortable clothing.
It is important that you do not drink alcohol the day before or on the day of your appointment. We will provide you with refreshments throughout the day.
We look forward to welcoming you in our Cheltenham studio.